Trump is not the problem. He's sick. Those who defend him? You decide.

 “(CNN)Donald Trump is now not just downplaying the coronavirus -- he's resorting to absurd historical allusions about great World War II leaders to try to disguise his culpability in 190,000 American deaths.”

In normal times, his presidency would have ended months ago after his impeachment. And with a competent person at the helm, we wouldn’t have suffered the loss of 190,000 family, friends, and neighbors.

But these are not normal times. I’m reminded of the Jiddu Krishnamurti statement, “It is not a sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” There was a time when I could honestly say I respected another’s political point of view. I could engage in a civil conversation about our differences.

Today, I must believe people who support this man for re-election are who Krishnamurti was referring to. You are members of that portion of this nation that is well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society and want to make the rest of us as sick as you are.

I pray the ineffable God, to forgive you, your madness, and your inhumanity.

Comments

Popular Posts