It may mean nothing to you, but I'm delighted.

 Finishing a book is like an artist’s curse. It’s the agony of uncertainty when you’re trying to determine if you’re finished and not just abandoning it.

As I struggle with the final editing task of my largest and probably last book, I need as much encouragement as I can get. And out of the blue I was informed by the company who owns the editing software I lease, that:

·        I’ve edited 1,330,383 words in the last four weeks.

·        I’m in the 99 percentile for productivity.

·        I’m in the 99 percent for grammatical accuracy.

·        I’ve used 7227 unique words which put my use of vocabulary in the 99 percentile.

I needed this encouragement as I push on to get my 8th book into the hands of my publisher. Writing is a lonely process.

This new book is titled, “Loosing” Your Mind: Critical Thinking in an Age of Chaos. It addresses the challenges we all face as we try to maintain some peace of mind while we are being flooded with “fake news”, “alternative facts,” “conspiracy theories,” and political parties blaming each other for the messes they both create.

The hardcover version should be out before the end of the year. If for no other reason, I hope you buy the book to read those 7227 unique words.  

Comments

Popular Posts